Thursday, January 29, 2015

Disconnected by Jennifer Weiner



Title: Disconnected
Author: Jennifer Weiner
Read by:  Jess Weixler
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Audio
Length: Approximately 1 hour (1 CD)
Source:  Review Copy from Simon & Schuster – Thanks!

Jennifer Weiner is one of my favorite authors.  I love her strong heroines.  I was intrigued to listen to this short story of Weiner’s...  This story can be a stand-alone or a companion to Weiner’s latest novel, All Fall Down.

After waking up in the hospital from a nearly fatal overdose, Shannon Will goes to rehab for the sixth, and she vows last time. To start life over, she trades in her old phone for a new one with a new number.  The only number from her past life that she keeps is her parents’ phone number.  When she starts to get mysterious texts from an unknown number, she starts to realize that starting over may be harder than she thought.

I loved the suspense of this short story; it took it in a completely different direction than I thought it would go.  I’m still thinking about the ending.  It was a great audiobook to listen to.  It kept me riveted on my drive to work.

Overall, if you are looking for a great suspense read, I highly recommend this short story.

2 comments:

  1. Laura, this does sound suspenseful. I 've not read or listened to anything by this author. Terrific review of this short story audiobook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suko! She's a good author. Her books usually make me laugh, but not this one. It was a good turn to suspense.

    ReplyDelete