Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What a Lady Needs for Christmas by Grace Burrowes



Lady Joan Flynn escapes from Edinburgh to avoid a scandal, but finds herself sad and alone at a train station after her maid suddenly becomes ill.  Seeing her distress, Dante Hartwell, his children and sister offer Lady Joan a ride on their private train car to her destination in the Scottish Highlands.  When they arrive at their destination, they discover they are all on the way to the same house party.  Dante is a mill owner that needs a wife with good connections to help him find investors, while Joan needs a husband before Christmas to avoid scandal.  The two realize that they just might solve each other’s problems, while also starting down a path towards love.

I enjoyed both Lady Joan and Dante as characters and I loved their story.  There were a lot of side characters from I’m assuming earlier books in this series that I was not as interested in.  They seemed to slow the story down for me.  I might have enjoyed their stories more if I had read those books, and I would have enjoyed this book more without them. It was a bit slow in the middle. A more interesting side story in this one involved Dante’s sister Margaret and I loved her story as well.

Overall, a very nice Christmas romance that will brighten your winter days.

Book Source:  Review Copy from Sourcebooks – Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment