Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Final Sacrament by James Forrester



The Final Sacrament is the third and final book of the excellent trilogy that began with Sacred Treason.  It is Elizabethan London and those following the Catholic religion are not safe.  William Harley, Clarenceux King of Arms and herald to Queen Elizabeth is a secret Catholic and holder of a document that could bring Queen Elizabeth down.    Catholic rebels want the document to put their own Catholic ruler on the thrown and will stop at nothing to make it happen, including kidnapping Clarenceux’s wife and daughter.  Clarenceux knows the stakes are high and will stop at nothing to get his family back together.

I enjoyed this action packed novel, although I did find it rather sad.  But it would have been a sad time to live in.  I enjoyed the entire trilogy.  It really got me thinking about what it would have been like to have been a common person living during such perilous time, and how lucky I am to live in a time and place where I can practice my religion without fear of persecution.  

Overall, The Final Sacrament was a thought provoking action-packed historical fiction novel.  I highly recommend it and the entire trilogy.

Source:  Review Copy from Sourcebooks  -Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment