Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Yellow House by Patricia Falvey

The Yellow House was the perfect read for St. Patrick’s Day. It was a fantastic historical fiction novel set in Ireland. Eileen O’Neil has a wonderful childhood, in which she learns the history of her Catholic O’Neil family and is proud to own “the Yellow House.” Her young innocence is soon marred by family tragedy. Eileen faces religious intolerance growing up in Northern Ireland and makes it her goal to return to the Yellow House. She also has two great love affairs in her life. I loved the character of Eileen, the great personal events her life as well as the very interesting Irish history. The Yellow House is a great novel for all historical fiction fans.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this review and nice to see you back regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend just read this and loved it. Sounds like I should borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been curious about this one for awhile and I'm glad to see your back and blogging. Hows the baby and the HG? I really hope your feeling better these days!

    ReplyDelete