Friday, November 13, 2009

My All About the Brontes List


I am having a difficult time narrowing my list down of Bronte related items for the All About the Brontes Challenge. My goal is to read/watch/listen to six Bronte related items from January 1 to June 30th, 2010. My list of items includes the following.

Audiobooks
1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
2. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte

I have really enjoyed listening to Jane Austen on audiobook and want to discover how the Bronte novels sound on audiobook. It's time to reread these novels, so I'm going to spice it up by listening to them this time around.

Books
1. The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte by Syrie James (I've been meaning to read this since I first heard about it and can't wait to read it!)
2. The Wide Sargasso Sea by by Jean Rhys (I've been meaning to read this for years and a friend just passed me a copy . . . I think it is meant to be!)
3. Emily's Ghost: A Novel of the Bronte Sisters by Denise Giardina
4. Jillian Dare by Melanie M. Jeschke
5. The Infernal World of Branwell Bronte by Daphne Du Maurier (I've had this book for at least a decade and Du Maurier is one of my favorite authors. Now is a good time to finally read it!)

Movies
1. Jane Eyre (BBC - 1970)
2. Wuthering Heights (1970 - starring Timothy Dalton)

I have never seen either of these disco era classics and my library system has them both. It's time to watch a new version!

I know this is more than six items . . . but if this is anything like the Everything Austen Challenge, I tend to go a bit overboard:-) I will add probably add to the list as the challenge goes on!

I look forward to the start of the Challenge in January!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this challenge yet. Sounds like one I need to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list looks great! I've started a new rule for myself that I can't join a new challenge till I finish one I'm currently doing, so this one's at the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These selections are wonderful, Laura. Were I more caught up in my reading, I would join this challenge. (I may do some "unofficial" reading for it, though.)

    ReplyDelete