Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Twilight Your Favorite Book

I just had a great laugh of today. I am a fan of the Twilight series, but I know things can get carried a bit too far. There has been much chatter lately about a recent release of Wuthering Heights, which has a "Twilight" cover. Not only does it look like Twilight, but has "Edward and Bella's Favorite Book" on it (although they discuss Wuthering Heights in Eclipse, I'm not sure it is their favorite novel). While some are outraged, I think it is a smooth marketing move.

The ladies at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books took this a step farther and had people submit "Twilight" covers for their favorite books. The results are HILARIOUS! If you need a good laugh today, I suggest you take a look and vote on your favorite cover. (Make sure you click on the "more, more, more" tab to be able to see the covers.) There is only a 24-hour period to vote. I only wish I were as creative as the ladies who submitted entries!

What were your favorite entries? I had many favorites. I few that made me laugh included the Bible (we had the apple thing first), Gone With the Wind, the baby name book, the Stephen King book (King once acknowledged Stephenie Meyer's existance - LOL!), etc.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, pretty crazy how people get to loco over Twilight! I'm going to check out this site and let you know what I think! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Twilight, but oh gosh they are taking it too far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally didn't care for the Twilight-esque Wuthering Heights cover appearance-wise, but I do agree with you that it's a smooth marketing move.

    Some of the examples offered on the Smart Bitches website are really good!

    ReplyDelete