Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger

I read a bad review of Chasing Harry Winston in Entertainment Weekly, but as I enjoyed Weisberger's other two novels, The Devil Wears Prada and Everyone Worth Knowing, I decided to give it a try. The novel was no where near as bad as the review. It was an pretty good chick lit read, but not as good as Weisberger's first two novels.

Chasing Harry Winston focuses on three friends, Emmy (a chef whose long term boyfriend has just dumped her for a younger woman), Leigh (a perfectionist who finds that she is not in love with her perfect boyfriend), and Adriana, a beautiful, rich, latina bombshell. Emmy and Adriana make a pack to change their lives over the next year and find themselves during the process. Meanwhile Leigh has made a secret pack and also finds herself.

I thought the girls were all relatable, except for Adriana as she was so rich and beautiful. I especially enjoyed how they are exactly my age - even having graduated from college in 2000. It made it especially enjoyable and relatable to me because of this.

If you are looking for a quick chick lit read, this is your book. It's an okay read, not the best, but also not the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment