Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sleeping Arrangements by Madeleine Wickham

Madeleine Wickham is the real name of author Sophie Kinsella (The Shopaholic Series). Unlike her funny Shopaholic series, Sleeping Arrangments dealt with more serious issues. Two couples and their children are "accidentally" loaned a single villa in Spain by an old friend for a weeks vacation. There is a secret romantic past between two of the adults that flares up again during their vacation. Tensions mount and lives are changed.

I was annoyed by the adultery as I often am in novels when it seems to happen for no good reason. I got over it though as it was a good complex tale on what is involved in a good marriage. Each character was given a good three dimensional analysis and no one was who they seemed to be. One of my favorite characters was Jenna the nanny. Her jokes and take on everything was fantastic.

Overall it was an okay read, not one of my favorites, but not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment