Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Nanny Diaries

Ben's Mom and I watched the Nanny Diaries last Friday night while Ben and Ben's Dad took a nap. Yep, it's a chick flick and not one that appears to be very entertaining for guys. I went into watching this movie with very high expectations due to a few friends telling me how excellent it was. I thought it was a good movie, but not the best. In other words, it was good to watch once, but not a chick flick I would enjoy over and over again!!

The Nanny Diaries is about a young woman named Annie who is at a crux in life and isn't quite sure what she wants to be doing. She accidently is mistaken for a nanny and gets a job with a rich couple (Mr. and Mrs. X) caring for their young son, Grayer. Poor Grayer acts out because he just wants his parents to pay attention to him. Annie finds herself lost in this 24/7 job especially because of Grayer's love and need for her. She also finds love with "Harvard Hottie," a cute guy that lives in the same apartment building as the X's.

I really like Scarlett Johansson as Annie and Laura Linney at Mrs. X. The rest of the characters were never really fully developed and likeable, which was a flaw with the movie. Also it was kind of a downer of a movie. I was near tears for young Grayer and the lack of love in his life. It was sad.

I have the book from the library so hopefully I'll be able to read that in the next few weeks and compare!

No comments:

Post a Comment