Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Prestige

Ben and I watched The Prestige last night. I liked it, but Ben is still thinking about it. It is a movie that makes you keep wondering about different plot elements.

The movie is about two rival magicians, Alfred Borden (Christian Bale) and Robert Angier (Hugh Jackman). They start off as friends and fellow magician's assistants to an old magician. Unfortunately something goes very wrong with the main trick of the old magician and the two friends become rivals.

The movie is a multi-layered flashback that is very interesting. Most of the story is both magicians trying to get back at one another and Angier trying to learn how Borden does his top trick "The Transporting Man." I figured out one "mystery" of the story early on, but I still enjoyed it.

A sci-fi element of the story is added in the third act. I can't describe it or it will give the movie away! I thought it was an interesting, but disturbing addition. I'd like to talk to others who have seen the movie to think what they thought of it. I liked it - but I like disturbing twists to movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment